Jobs & Skills WA
About The Fund
Jobs & Skills WA Funding is available to new workers who are employed as apprentices/trainees
New workers are defined as:
Employees who are classed as ‘Existing Workers’ may still be eligible for funding provided they are undertaking a priority qualification. Please contact Gold Training for more information.
Courses Eligible For Funding
Certificate III in Business
Certificate III in Business (Customer Engagement)
Certificate III in Business (Business Administration)
Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
Jobs and Skills WA can fund your education, but there are a few key eligibility requirements. To be eligible for a subsidised training place under the program you must:
- No longer be in school.
- Permanently reside in Western Australia.
- Be an Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), or temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.
Jobs and Skills WA funding is available to new workers who are employed as apprentices/trainees. Employees who are classified as ‘Existing Workers’ are not eligible under this program. Existing workers are those who have:
- Worked 3 months full-time for the employer identified in the training contract; or
- Worked 12 months part-time or casual for the employer identified in the training contract and as defined in the Department’s Existing Workers in Apprenticeships and Traineeships policy.
Student contribution fees under the Jobs & Skills WA Program are currently calculated at $3.25 per nominal hour for each unit of competency/module and are calculated at the commencement of the unit of competency/module.
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business – $1,023.75 + $216.00 in resource fees.
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Business Admin) – $1,430.00 + $234.00 in resource fees.
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Customer Engagement) – $1,430.00 + $234.00 in resource fees.
- RII30120 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations – $1,478.75 + $49.80 in resource fees.
- RII30820 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations – $1,573.00 + $75.80 in resource fees.
The student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.
Students who meet the following criteria will be charged 30% of the student contribution fee:
- Persons or dependents of persons holding a pensioner concession card.
- Persons or dependents of persons holding a repatriation health benefits card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Persons or dependents of persons holding a health care card.
- Persons or dependents of persons in receipt of AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY.
- Persons or dependents of persons in receipt of the Youth Allowance.
- Persons or dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution.
- Secondary school-aged persons, not enrolled at school.
For our refund policy, please see the Gold Training Student Handbook for our terms, conditions and cancellations policy.