You may be eligible for funding under the Queensland Government User Choice Program to undertake a traineeship with Gold Training in one of the following qualifications:
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
- BSB31115 Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical)
- MSL30116 Certificate III in Laboratory Skills
- MSL40116 Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques
- RII30115 Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Pipe Laying)
- RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Road Construction and Maintenance)
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
To be eligible to receive a government contribution the apprentice or trainee must have:
- Entered into a Training Contract for a qualification that is funded by the department
- Be registered on DELTA with a commencement date or recommencement date on or after 1 July 2010
- Select a training provider who holds Pre-qualified Supplier (PQS) status for their nominated qualification
The government contribution under the User Choice Program will be detailed in the apprentice or trainee's Letter of Registration form the department and is subject to student eligibility.
User Choice funding is available to new workers who are employed as apprentices/trainees. Employees who are classified as 'Existing Workers' are not eligible under this program.
Existing Workers are defined as:
- Worked 3 months full-time for the employer identified in the training contract; or
- Worked 12 months part-time or casual for the employer identified in the Training Contract and as defined in the Department's Existing Workers in Apprenticeships and Traineeships Policy.
*Employees who are classed as 'Existing Workers' may still be eligible for funding providing they are undertaking a priority qualification. Please contact Gold Training for more information.
Student Contribution Fees
Student contribution fees under the User Choice program in 2017-20 are calculated at $1.60 per nominal hour for each unit of competency/module and are calculated at the commencement of the unit of competency/module. The contribution fees may be adjusted annually.
Students who meet the following criteria will be charged 40% of the student contribution fee:
- The participant was or will be under 17 at the end of fFebruary in the year in which the PQS provides training, and the participant is not at school and has not completed year 12
- The participant holds a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth legislation, or is the partner or a dependent of a person who holds a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, and is named on the card
- The participant issues the PQS with an official form under Commonwealth legislation confirming that the participant, his or her partner or the person of whom the participant is a dependent, entitled to concessions under a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card
- The participant is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
For our refund policy, please see the Gold Training Student Handbook available.